Jan 1, 2011

where to begin...

GERD! Four letters that represent many things to many people. To me, they stand for GastroEsophageal Reflux Disease - GERD. Here is the wikipedia page.

I am a male, age late fifties. I have experienced GERD since early childhood, although, I was diagnosed only seven years ago. I have a multitude of daily challenges managing my GERD. This blog was suggested by my grown children as a way to help others with similar health issues. So, as time allows, I will attempt to record information here both personal and otherwise about GERD.

I am no expert on the subject or in the field of medicine. Like millions of others in life, mankind manages personal ways to cope with our various diseases. Certainly, as serious as GERD is, at this stage, it is no threat to my life, only my lifestyle. In my professional experience I have counseled with many people in various stages of dealing with physical problems, all the way to death. I consider my GERD challenge very minor to so many who have much greater challenges.

However, this in no way diminishes my struggles with GERD and the resulting health issues. Personally, I find help in knowing how others cope with GERD. Maybe this blog will help others similarly.

No comments:

Post a Comment