Jan 6, 2011

self treatment - part 2

Find below a brief list of some of the things I practice to treat and control GERD:
  • Taking fresh honey by mouth.  Usually two spoons a bedtime help in a variety of ways
  • Consuming 80+ ounces of water per day
  • Eating fresh apple slices when the burning is bad
  • Consuming as much raw fruits and veggies as I can stand
  • Limiting the intake of cola and coffee (I do not drink alcohol)
  • Limiting the intake of peppermint and other candies noted to irritate GERD
  • Keeping my weight steady at 170 lbs.
  • Using apple cider vinegar (more info future post)
  • Consumption of alkaline foods (see post on "alkaline" to describe)

Find to follow some of my bad habits which promote GERD problems:
  • A love of chocolate
  • A love of nuts
  • A love of red meat (although I pretty much quit eating it 25 years ago)
  • Fried fish, which has always been a favorite from you youth!
  • Stress at work
  • Not getting enough sleep (I'm a night-owl!)
  • Poor posture (mostly slumping shoulders)
  • Consumption of non-alkaline foods
These lists will have further revision as I remember items to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment