Jul 15, 2011

currently calm

I'm going on a month of a very calm period in the GERD battle.  In trying to understand this, my only rationale is that my alkaline eating regimen is helping in a very positive way.  I try to eat raw fruits and veggies at least 4-5 night per week.  After my morning 20 ounces of coffee, I drink 20 ounces of filtered ice water (meaning a 32 ounce water bottle full of ice and filtered water).  I continue to consume smaller amounts of ice water throughout the morning.  Then in the afternoons, due to my evening running regimen (5 miles currently), I consume at least 64 ounces of tap water.  Whatever I'm doing, it works!

I have been traveling for work in June and July, staying a week at a time in different cities.  Thankfully, this has not impacted my GERD quiet period.

No comments:

Post a Comment